Here is my stunningly gorgeous kitchen (yes, I am in LOVE). This post is on what I have behind my six cabinet doors.
I must mention something funny here. Someone wrote me and said that I am putting my family in jeopardy by not having enough food on hand. I will do a post on that at a later date
I cook every day, we prepare three meals a day, albeit simple meals, but prepared nonetheless. We also have company almost every weekend, and I cook for them as well. I have prepared meals for up to 70 people in this small kitchen! For me, I have my favorite items that I use daily, like this vegetable chopper (click images to find one for you):
CANNOT do without this.
I also have:
- six skillets, four cast iron, and two Teflon coated.
- two large soup pots
- two different sized crock pots (one large, one small).
- A large casserole dish I recently acquired from my mother-in-law (all stained and very used, I love thinking how she made meals in it for her family).
- a Jack LaLanne juicer – enormous, but I use it every day
- about thirty pieces of Tupperware – I love their Modular Mates for sugar, flour, cornmeal, oatmeal and beans. These are essential to my having an organized kitchen
- We have two different sized sauce pans
- AND, an absolute MUST for me….. two Mirrow pressure cookers like this:
I learned to use these in South America, they are the Ecuadoran woman's equivalent to a microwave, only MUCH better.
Back to the bullets…..
- I have a basket full of strange gadgets that I never use, like egg slicers and weird peelers, but I can't part with them.
- a cutting board
- a small drawer full of ladles, spoons, and knives. I actually have four good knives
- Three good mixing bowls of different sizes.
My splurge? TWO sets of beautiful dishes! I know! it is crazy! My Mother-in-law gave me her Franciscan Apple Dishes that she had collecting from the '40's, There are 12 place settings plus bowls and other beautiful matching pieces, I use them every day.
My mother gave me her set of beautiful blue and white china. I can't get rid of either! This set is used on special occasions, there are only 8 settings, along with the matching tureens, cake stand, and other pieces.
I just keep them very well organized, and make sure the cabinet is attached very securely to the wall :)
- Also I have a blender, and a mixer. I use them rarely, well, maybe once or twice a month.
- I have a couple of glass baking dishes
- two cookie pans
- two cupcake pans - I cannot remember the word for these.
So, there you have it. I love knowing what I own. Every piece is special.